Xiumin is one of the lead vocalists and lead dancers of EXO-M.
He and Chen are the two Korean members of the group.
They were chosen to be placed in EXO-M because even though they’re Korean, they both look Chinese.
Xiumin was rated by his fellow EXO-M members as the strongest, funniest, and cleanest member of the group.
He is known to be a prankster, and according to Luhan, he has a lot of cute/funny gestures.
He is the first to wake up in the morning, and the person who cleans the most, but that’s to be expected from the oldest member of the group.
While many members in EXO want to be world superstars later on in life, he wants to be an architect.
Biography – Member Profile and Facts:
- Stage Name: Xiumin
- Real Name: Kim Min Seok/Jin Min Shuo
- Nickname: Bao Zi (Little Bun), Lil’ Fattie, Mandoo, King of Detail,
- Position: Lead Dancer, Lead Vocalist
- Born: March 26th, 1990
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Personality: Kind, very, very clean and tidy, cute, prankster, funny
- Family: N/A
- Height: 173cm or 5 feet1 8 inches
- Weight: 65kg or 143lbs
- Blood Type: B
- Education: N/A
- Super Power (Badge): Frost (Snowflake)
- Habit: According to Chen, he is very clean and tidy, almost to the point of OCD. Chen calls him the “King of Detail” because he has a very specific way of sorting things.
- Favorite Foods: Steamed buns, kimchi soup and miso soup prepared by his parents.
- Favorite Hobbies: Playing soccer, exercising, eating delicious food with Luhan, cleaning, organizing, shopping.
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Music: Ballads
- Favorite Cartoons: Spongebob, Baby Huiy
- Favorite Possessions: MP3 Player, Cell Phone, Computer
- Favorite clothing style: Casual
- Role Models: Super Junior, JJ Lin
- Celebrities they’re close with: f(x)’s Amber and Super Junior’s Henry
Xiumin Fun Facts:
- He is the oldest member in EXO.
- In 2008, he won 2nd place in SM Entertainment’s Everysing Contest.
- The song he sang at the Everysing Contest was “Emerald Castle – Step”.
- He knows Taekwondo and Fencing.
- He says that his special talent is shouting.
- His favorite song on EXO’s first EP “Mama” is Mama.
- EXO-M says that he is both the strongest and funniest member in the group.
- Why is he the strongest? The members had a contest where they wrung a wet towel. When it came to his turn, he was the one who get the most water from the towel out.
- In the future, he wants to be an architect.
- He likes to play pranks on the other members.
- Luhan says that he makes a lot of silly gestures.
- His ideal type is a girl who is huggable and can comfort others.
- He wants a girl who is charming at first sight.
- His idea of a romantic gesture is personally making coffee for the girl he likes.
- He says that he would be bold enough to actively pursue a girl, but he would leave subtle hints that he likes her.
- He is the first member to wake up each morning.
- Right after he wakes up, he tidies his bed.
- He says that the most difficult thing for him to do is diet.
- He really likes to eat steamed buns.
- Luhan was the one who gave him the nickname “Baozi”.
- “Baozi” is his nickname not only because he likes steamed buns, but because he has a round, white face.
- Kris says that Xiumin’s true strength is being approachable and understanding. Kris says that Xiumin is very helpful in taking care of the Korean members.
- He takes a bath every day.
- He loves pumpkins.
- He wants to be cute and charismatic.
- Kris would be the member of EXO-M that he would like to date, because Kris is tall and manly.
- He’s apparently really good at making spaghetti.
- He’s a fan of soccer. He and Luhan would both like to visit UK to watch a soccer game.
- Because SM wanted Xiumin to learn Mandarin better, he wasn’t allowed to room up with EXO-M’s other Korean member, Chen.
- He rooms up with Tao in China. In Korea, he rooms up with Kris and Luhan.
- When Tao first met Xiumin, he called him “Oppa”. Xiumin thought he was a girl. It was later understood that Tao learned his Korean from watching dramas, and since his grasp of the language wasn’t good yet, he used the wrong pronoun.
- He has a lot of fan boys in China because they think he’s cute, handsome, and manly.
- He likes all types of dances.
- He was mentioned in f(x)’s Pinocchio’s “Thanks To” by Amber.
- He doesn’t like it when people touch his face.
- He went to the same high school as INFINITE’s Dongwoo.
- He made his official debut as an EXO member on January 26th, 2011.
- He said that when he and Tao shared a room, he couldn’t help but stare at Tao’s butt. He was envious of it.1
- His mother told him not to stand next to Kris or Tao because it made him look shorter.
- Behind Xiumin’s cute and innocent exterior, he is actually very academically smart.
- Even with EXO’s crazy schedule, Xiumin still finds time to attend all of his university classes punctually.
- In his free time, Xiumin takes courses in barista-ing. He loves coffee.
- Xiumin received his title “King of Details” from Chen because Chen says Xiumin has a very specific, OCD way of sorting things.
- He says he’s the best at being clean in EXO.
- He can’t leave the house without his MP3 player.
- When Xiumin can’t sleep, he’ll watch anime. Mainly One Piece.
- He says that he’s an impulsive shopper.
- He says that dieting is very hard for him. In order to diet successfully, he had to be indifferent/cruel towards food.
- He says that he’s a very good listener and he answers each question carefully. That’s why he was dubbed EXO’s troubleshooter.
- One gift that he’s very grateful for is a huge selection of Manga given to him by fans. He’s still reading them well.
- He says that as long as he is in a clean environment, he will be very happy.